Last week I wrote about making this dress pattern that came free with Simply sewing magazine. I made some amendments to the last dress after I finished it because the fit wasn’t quite right. I made the same amendments to the pattern and cut this one out.
I repositioned the darts just by 0.5cm but even this little bit made such a big difference. The skirt width, and bodice width I reduced by 4cm on the circumference which is a lot but I think it really needed it. I also decided to shorten the skirt a little bit. So now I have two dresses that fit like this.
I used Art Gallery viscose for this version which has no stretch but is beautifully soft and drapey. I love this print and the deep teal blue is one of my favourite colours. As with the first version I lined the skirt but not the bodice. This fabric feels even more light and drapey than the first so the addition of the lining in the skirt feels quite essential in this one.
I am really happy with these dresses and really enjoyed wearing them over the Christmas holidays.